By Achadu Gabriel, Kaduna
A few days after the ruling of national industrial court restraining el-Rufai from sacking 22,000 teachers until the determination of the substantive suit, the Kaduna State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) announced date of the conduct of aptitude test for all applicants, who applied for teaching appointments, in the state’s Public Primary Schools, causing skepticism, and given impression that the governor may ignore the ruling as anticipated by many.
SUBEB, in a statement signed by the Board’s executive chairman, Nasiru Umar, Monday announced examination centres for Teachers’ Recruitment, adding,
“We hereby inform all applicants, who applied for teaching appointments in the state’s Public Primary Schools, that the aptitude test will be conducted on Wednesday, 20th December, 2017.
“The test will be conducted in the following designated centres across the 23 Local Government Education Authorities (LGEA) of the state, by 10:00 am.
“Applicants will write the examination in their respective LGA of residence, while those who applied online and other states will write the test in centres nearest to them. Candidates are reminded to come along with writing materials and two recent passport photographs to the centre.
“All candidates must be at the centre by 8:00 am for accreditation. Designated Centres are:
- B/Gwari 3 SSS B/Gwari, GGSS Bagoma 1, GSS B/Gwari 1.
- Chikun 16 GSS S/Tasha 3, GSS Kujama 2, GSS Narayi 2, GSS U/Romi 1, GSS TV 3, LGEA U/Romi 1, GSS U/Boro 3 and LGEA U/Maichibi 1.
- Giwa 3 GSS Yakawada 1, GSS Shika 1 and GSS Giwa 1.
- Igabi 5 GSS Rigachikun 1&2, GSS Afaka 1, GSS Rigasa 1 and GSS Jaji 1.
- Ikara 3 GSS Ikara 3.
- Jaba 2 GSS Kwoi and GSS Ngamsham Kwoi.
- Jema’a 7 GGSS Kafanchan 1&2, GSS Kafanchan 1&2, GSS Zikpak 2 and GSS U/Fari 1.
- Kachia 5 GSS Kachia 2, GSS Gumel 1 and GSS Kachia Urban 1.
- K/North 11 GSS Kawo 1, Rimi College 2, GGSS Independence Way 1, GGSS Kabala Costain 1, GSS Kawo 1, GGSS Dalet 1, GSS U/Sarki 1 and GSS U/Rimi, GSS Doka Boys 1, GGSS Doka Girls 1.
- K/South 16 QAC 3, GGSS Makera 1, GGSS Kudendan 2, LGEA Kudendan 1, LGEA Makera 2 and LGEA Baban Dodo 2, GGSS Maimuna Gwarzo 1, GGSS U/Muazau1, GSS Barnawa 1.
- Kagarko 5 GSS Kagarko 2, GSS Dogon Kurmin 1, and GSS Kubacha 2.
- Kajuru 2 GTC Kajuru 2, GSS Kajuru.
- Kaura 5 GSS Manchok 2, GC Kagoro 1, and GS Kagoro 2.
- Kauru 3 GSS Kauru, GSS Pambeguwa and GSS Kwassam.
- Kubau 3 GSS Anchau Takalafiya, GSS Pambeguwa and GSS Dusten Wai.
- Kudan 1 GSS Hunkuyi.
- Lere 5 GSS Lere2, GSS Sminaka 2, and GSS Ungwan Bawa 1.
- Makarfi 1 GSS Makarfi Senior.
- S/Gari 10 GSS D/Bauchi 2, GSS Aminu1, GCC Zaria 2, LEA Hanwa 1, LEA Aminu 1, GSS Chikaji 1 and GSS Kwangila 2.
- Sanga 3 GSS Gwantu 2, GSS F/Karshi 1, GJSS and GSS (Snr).
- Soba 1 GTC Soba.
- Z/Kataf 6 GSS Zangon 2, GSS F/Kaje 2, AND gss Zonkwa.
- Zaria 13 Barewa College 2, Alhudahuda College 2, GSS Zaria 2, GGSS Zaria 2, SSS Kufena 2, GSS Kaura 2, GSS K/Kuyan 1 and GSS K/Doka 1.
- Total – 130.
It would be recalled that the court last week Thursday ruled that the planned sack of the 22,000 teachers of public schools for failing competency test organised by el-Rufai-led government be stopped, pending the determination of the substantive suit pending in the court.